It has become increasingly important for all workers in tech-based roles to have a basic understanding of artificial intelligence (AI) to succeed. Even more so if you are a business leader looking to drive your company to the forefront of your field. Knowing how you can gain the required understanding of AI, however, can be a daunting task. But fear not, there are many good online artificial intelligence courses out there for you.
The problem is, knowing which one is right for you. Well, to help you out we’ve created a brief guide of what we think are some of the best online artificial intelligence courses available for business leaders right now.
Artificial Intelligence Online Courses Overview
AI For Everyone by Coursera
This is a crash course of only 9 hours aimed at most learners, but especially useful for non-technical colleagues. It will introduce you to all the AI basic concepts before expanding to more complex topics. The course includes:
- The definition of common AI terminology, including neural networks, machine learning, deep learning, and data science.
- Discussion about exactly what AI can and cannot do.
- Development of the skill to spot how you can apply AI technology and theories to your own organization.
- How machine learning and data science feel to work with.
- How to build AI strategies into your company.
- Discussion of the ethical and social issues of AI.
This online artificial intelligence course is part of the AI Technologies for Business and Management program which is a building block for getting an MBA with Artificial Intelligence specialism. You don’t, however, have to complete the degree to do the course. The course includes the following topics:
- Understanding what data sources are and how to use them.
- Be able to summarise the main machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies.
- Be able to use different types of machine learning algorithms.
- Understand the value of AI for business and be able to implement it successfully.
AI Foundations for Everyone by Coursera
This short Nanodegree course only takes about 3 months to complete and covers all the essential Artificial Intelligence theories and concepts. Again, it is aimed at people with little to no knowledge of AI but does require some basic knowledge of programming (especially Python) as well as an understanding of mathematics (especially algebra). In this course you will learn:
- The course will give you a firm understanding of what AI is.
- Understand how AI can be used across various industries.
- Understanding terms like Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Neural Networks.
- Develop an understanding of how IBM Watson AI services can help your company.
- Learn how to create intelligent virtual assistants.
- Learn how to create Chatbots without programming.
This course aims to introduce non-technical business professionals to machine learning. As such, it has been designed for Product Managers, Technical Writers, Business Analysts. The course covers:
- The ability to formulate machine learning solutions to real-world problems
- Be able to identify whether data is sufficient for machine learning.
- Be able to carry a project through the phases of machine learning.
- Be able to use AI responsibly without being impacted by the existing bias.
Become an AI Product Manager by Udacity
This is another short, Nanodegree type course that takes about 2 months to complete. The course is aimed at teaching you how to develop AI products to deliver value to your business. Again, the course is aimed at people with little to no AI experience. The course will cover:
- Understand the basics of AI and how it can be used in projects.
- Understand the use of constraint propagation to build an agent that reasons like a human would solve Sudoku puzzles.
- Understand symbolic logic to create programs like the NASA Mars rovers.
- Be able to model real-world uncertainty through probability.