Project management training and certification is a never-ending experience for project managers. A world of ever-increasing advancement in technology and globalization offers projects of different capacities. This increase has caused a high demand for skilled individuals capable of handling different lines of projects. Good Project Managers are known to diversify in skills to meet up the needs of managing a project. You see the demand for quality, strict adherence to budget, delivery time, and required regulatory controls. A good project manager needs to exercise skills in negotiating, communication, risk management, budget management, critical reasoning, and leadership. Even when a project manager possesses all these skills inherently without getting the necessary training and certification will not rise on the career ladder in the field.
Project managers are to diversify in building up skills in the field. They are to develop to the peak human skills and certifications to follow current trends. Even after training, project managers are pinned to discovering the latest trends in every field to be able to produce quality project outcomes. So as a project manager, you can’t escape the need for advancement by going for different project management training.
Stay glued to this article as I will be bringing to your knowledge the different training and certification, courses, and benefits.
Project Management Training and Certifications
To become a good project manager, you require lots of hands-on training. To be granted the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), a project management aspirant must get not less than 1500 hours of activity on a project with a team or 23 contact hours of precise project management education. A project management associate is not fit to manage a complete project alone; they are only allowed to support a project management professional in project management.
Another project management training certification provided by the PMI (Project Management Institute) is the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification. PMP is given upon completing education and experience requirements, passing an examination, and agreeing to adhere to a professional conduct code. To secure this certification, the PMP must also satisfy CEU demands.
But know that the best way to learn project management is to run jointly with an experienced project manager. Projects are unique, and they all come with different outcomes during their execution. Getting first-hand experience gives you guts in project management.
Seek training in areas like Materials Management, Project Management Tools (Gantt charts and other software), Team Communication, People Management, and time management.
Project management training
Many certified organizations provide project management training, but we will introduce Project Management education programs offered by Edureka and FutureLearn.
Edureka is a Global Registered Education Provider of PMI. They provide PMP Certification Exam Training and PMI® Agile Certified Practitioner Training both are global credentials offered by PMI® Inc. Courses are taught by PMP® Certified Trainers, who have years of experience in training. These instructors have been practicing Project and Program Management with some of the top organizations across industries. And now they leverage their rich, hands-on industry experience to help participants. Students get to understand the application of all the ten knowledge areas covered in ‘The PMBOK® Guide’ (A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge) – Sixth Edition.
- PMP Certification Exam Training – a global credential offered by PMI® Inc. PMP® Certification is a globally recognized, rigorous, education and/or professional experience;
- PMI® Agile Certified Practitioner Training – one of the fastest-growing certifications in the domain of project management. Organizations embracing “Agile” to be competitive in the ever-changing market dynamics welcome them.
FutureLearn provides courses taught by UK universities. Sometimes they give the students academic credit for an online degree at the university offering the course. Currently, FutureLearn offers 5 different Project Management programs between 2 to 4 weeks long. The programs cover all aspects of project management, from the project initiation to the closure phase:
- Business Fundamentals: Project Management – developed by The Open University (OU), the largest academic institution in the UK. Moreover, the course is accredited by EOCCS, the first international quality benchmark for online courses in business and management education;
- Getting Started with Agile and Design Thinking – developed by the University of Virginia, Darden School of Business and endorsed by Project Management Institute (PMI®);
- Foundations of Project Management – developed by the Coventry University, secured gold in the UK Government’s 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF);
- Project Initiation – developed by the Coventry, the University of the Year for Student Experience in The Times & The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019;
- Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management – developed by the University of Virginia’s Darden School of Business and endorsed by Project Management Institute (PMI®);
As you acquire project management training and certification, be sure to acquaint yourself with the knowledge of who your teachers. And if the right, project management community accepts your certification. So, train with experienced and certified teachers who will give first-hand expertise in project management. Did you have a chance to read our previous discussions about Project Management Skills? Also, check out how they can turn Project Manager Career Path into a great journey 🙂